Sunday, October 16, 2005

Short, sorry

Ok then, yell at me, I know it´s been a long time since I´ve written, but I´ve been staying in a bed and breakfast in the Harz mountains,in the middle of Germany! Internet is dial-up and the man who owns the place only has 30 hours a month time online, so we have been trying to minimize the time online. We are out of money right now, so going into town ( a 4 mile walk one way) and paying 3€ an hour for an internet café is out of the question. Anyway, I am writing this offline and then going to paste it in, seem so it seems to be the only way to get this posted.
We are staying with a man who owns a bed and breakfast (excuse me if I have said this before) and I have been working hard cleaning (we all know how men clean!) and cooking in exchange for our room, but are not really making any cash, although I just made 10€ for making spaghetti, fries and a pizza for a couple of guys who live in the apartments next door. YES! Never did I think a 10€ bill would look so good! It will go for cat litter and food, and shampoo and conditioner and SODA!
Don´t feel sorry for us, we are having a heck of a time, other than being REALLY bored and wishing we had internet 24-7!
Right now we are torn between working temporary jobs in German companies or waiting to see if any of the army jobs we applied for come through. They say that if you make any money from a German company you will not be able to work at a military base, and the opposite as far as German companies go. I checked online the other day and one of the IT jobs I applied for in the army said I had made the first cut, so that is good news. Stuttgart is way south of here, but that is ok, anywhere in Germany is fine, preferably near a city please.

So things have been slow and lazy, which was fun for the first week or so, but is now starting to get old. I wish there were more people coming to stay here, I like being busy.
We are still waiting for the refund of our deposit from the apt in Italy to come through via wire, and in the meantime something I charged back in SEPT just came in, so I am minus.
We won´t even talk about Jess´ account…. UGH!
I wish the house would sell, that would be about $3500 and we could just go out and rent an apartment near a city and start looking for work locally.

Anyway, I have been sick the last two days, and now that I am actually writing, I don´t have much to say. BAD, I wanted to keep such a close tab on everything we have been doing.

Well, this is the best I can do for now……. I will try to start writing more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's happening, Diana? Enlighten us! Have you got a job yet? What do you think about Germany, are you still there?