Monday, September 26, 2005

I feel like a yo-yo

Back and forth, back and forth.

Well, I couldn't wait any longer to make a decision, time and money are running out. I booked a little station wagon from Milan for three days.

I take the train up to Milan, drive back to Perugia, we load it up with assorted boxes, luggage and animals, and head up to Germany the next day.

Oct 1st I drive back down only to Milan, grab a Ryanair cheap flight to Hahn Frankfurt, and train/bus it back to Darmstadt.

We THINK we have a place to stay.

A 2 bedroom apartment, we can't afford the rent, but I just emailed him to ask it if was indeed 2 bedrooms, and that if he would let us pay one week's rent, we would look for a quiet female student who needs a place. The place is 80 sq meters, which is like double the size of our apt, with a small basement, etc. It is in a house.....

He sort of said yes to the cats, and it's right by the rail station, so that will be nice.

Soo..... cross your fingers again.

OH, the United Nations job in Vienna? I emailed the woman last week sometime to ask about it, said I had an interview in Germany, and needed to take the first job offered, but WANTED that job. She didn't even bother to email back t say he wasn't interested, etc... GRRR.. not very professional.

I have still been looking for UN jobs around Europe. Why not?


Soooo.. tomorrow we have to get on the stick, pack everything and CLEAN like crazy..... because we all know that while I am going up to Milan to get the car, and driving back, I would NOT be able to get Jess to clean.


Well, keeping this short, am hungry and cold.... will write more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why are you renting in Milano? You could get a cheap rental in Perugia and save the cost of gas, tolls and time. Just wondering.