Thursday, November 17, 2005

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

It snowed last night and this morning, it was NICE to see snow when I didn’t have to drive to work in it. The mountains are beautiful, and did I mention that I don't have to drive in it? ;-)



Well, I KNEW this was going to happen. As soon as it looks like I could be settled here, I get a couple of calls and then an email asking me to contact a man abut a helpdesk job in Frankfurt that I applied to. GRRR… I received two calls from England on my cell phone that I missed, and since I have no credit left on it, I can’t even get into my voicemail to see who the messages were from. Then I get an email today from a gentleman with that number, asking me to contact him about the job in Frankfurt.


Ok people, here is where I could REALLY use your advice. There might be 2 options if this man is going to offer me a job. Tell me what you think about both, which you think I should do (this could obviously change if I don’t get offered the job, etc)

I also would like to know who might like a Christmas card from Germany, should my money come in, in time to send them out.
After reading this, please send me an email at synch390@yahoo.com with your opinion and
Whether or not you would like an xmas card (send me your snail mail address)

Here are the possible two scenarios:

#1
Stay where I am.
Help set up menus
Learn to cook things
No need to find place to stay
No income until kitchen is up and running
No guarantee of income should kitchen not make money
Kick back atmosphere
Lots of nice people around for support
SMALL town atmosphere, but will have car to use to get around (they are bringing one down from England for us to have (use)
Chance to fly back and forth to Portugal to help in the kitchen when they are busy

#2
Accept job (if offered)
Make way more money guaranteed, even if pay is not huge
Get apartment of our own in large city
Will have to FIND apartment in city
Privacy, but no one around for support
Live in larger town, be nearer to stores, transportation
More time to ourselves


Ok, this is dumb, even I can see option number 1 is better, it just the no money thing gets old after a while, though I know they will take care of us, etc.

UGH.

I made some sort of funny potato thingies with dinner tonight, they are sort of like mashed potato buds in little plastic bags with holes in them. You boil them and the water goes through and constitutes them, though they tasted stale and starchy to me. Maybe old, and maybe better with gravy. I made them with frikkadel(sp) pork of course, every damn thing that is meat here, is made out of pork. If I start making piggy noises….slap me.

Well, that is enough… I think I will just email the gentleman back and say that I am no longer looking for a job. I can’t believe I will be doing that. God I hate having to be an adult again to do this. It has been so nice not being responsible.

Either way, email me with your address if you would like a Christmas card.

Love to you all!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ann says--I think you should check out the job in Frankfurt--Could you stay at the hotel on weekends? I vote for option number two

Anonymous said...

You've been on quite a journey! If it were me, I'd check out the job in Frankfurt. Rigth now it seems like everyone will get along, but what happens if things change when the new owners are living in Germany permanently? Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Anonymous said...

I think you should go for the job.. money in your pocket and a chance to go someplaces, other than hiding where it is safe...

Anonymous said...

Check the job in Frankfurt! If things don't work with the UK invasion, you will be hitting yourself for not trying. Don't make a mistake because you are comfortable and safe.