Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Excuse me, but we live in Italy now!

We are here! I tried to log onto the expats forum to post, but I am unable to make an at sign with this dang keyboard. Can nyoe tell me how please. Also please excuse any mistakes in typing, this is a weird keyboard.
Annika I am going to copy and paste what I sent to you to make it easier for me right now.
We are here! In Italy! Really! We are!!! and it is wonderful! Our little apartment has a balcony on the roof overlooking all the other roofs and looks out over the country in to the hills!! We can stand out there and feel the wind and hear church bells! There is always the noise of students and scooters and there are actually old men that sit out at on the street and the end of our alley! We were so tired for the first two days but today we are much better. we haven't been to school yet because we are tryingf to get settled.
Jessica was so dissapointd at Perugia the first day, it make me sick to my stomach,, but she loves it now.
I am hoping we had insurance on my rental car because I think I burned out the transmission on it because roads would be closed and I would have to go backwards up hills.
Driving the autostrans was great! Even friving in Rome was fine, not nearly as bad as I thought. The thing about driving here has to do with my theory on driving. It it lke a dance, and everyone must know how not to step on the other persons toes. They don't know how to do tht in the US, they DO know how to here! I had such fun, and the autostrand was not bad at all. I have NO clue how fast I was driving but 120 km per hour was the speed. Can someone tell me how fast that was.
I am very glad to get rid of the car and use buses, walk. The Universita per Stranieri Perugia is right at the bottome of out street! I thought we lived across town from it, so we are very happy.
Tomorrow e may go to ikea in rome. I should go now. Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG you went 120kph!?!?!??...oh wait thats only 75mph big whoop :P -nick