Monday, July 18, 2005

Sunday, the day of rest. (sort of)

Wayne, where are you????


Well, no crazy adventures today. Just trying to stay cool. We cleaned up the apt, mopped the floors and are now doing laundry while we surf. I made some scrambled eggs this afternoon. I think we really need to get some iced tea\koolaid types of drinks. the water just doesn't do it, and i am not that big of a pop drinker.

I just received an email from a friend who went down to Venezuala for school this summer. After reading his email I feel better about us. I think the highlight of his trip so far has been catching a ride in a pig truck when their car broke down and being taken out to sea with some other people then told to turn over all their money or the person would not take them where they needed to go. Glad to know we are not the only people who's trip has not been picture perfect.

Speaking of pictures I have some. I think the same ones are on my daughter's blog, but will post a few in case you don't get to hers. Double click on the picture if you want to see a large version of it,and more details.


Bammy in a bag (on th way to Italy)

Rome

Coming up the stairs to the second floor of our apartment in Perugia


The amazing view from our bedroom window.


Another view from the window


sitting on our balcony

One more of the view. Spectacular!

Bammy LOVING the heat

The ones taken today of the apt turned out blurry. Jess posted them in her blog, so if you are interested you can look for the link to hers on the right. I'm going to wait until we get better pictures. Well, am off to look for regular tourist tours in Florence. I'm adventured out for the next week or so. ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The apartment looks great, not to mention the views from it! MAN!

I was thinking of you last week when I went to Ikea, because I couldn't remember seeing any fans there, and when we went there again yesterday I specifically looked for fans with no luck. But Diana, there must be stores in Perugia that keep fans! I read on Jess' blog that you at least bought some ice cube trays from Ikea. Did you get those soft, rubber ones? They are the best!

Anonymous said...

The apartment looks great, not to mention the views from it! MAN!

I was thinking of you last week when I went to Ikea, because I couldn't remember seeing any fans there, and when we went there again yesterday I specifically looked for fans with no luck. But Diana, there must be stores in Perugia that keep fans! I read on Jess' blog that you at least bought some ice cube trays from Ikea. Did you get those soft, rubber ones? They are the best!

Anonymous said...

oops sorry I didn't mean to post two of that. Don't know what happened.