Tuesday, July 19, 2005

*singing* You aaaaaare the wind beneath my winnngssss.

Sorry, I hate that song, but we have fans!!!!!!

Art of Barb and Art called today and read me the riot act, (nicely) saying we should be asking for help. He is right... He had me call Bob and Rosemary, telling me there were fans at the SELF store near us and they would know how to get to the SELF store.

I called and spoke with both and Bob told me to get to his friend Francesco at Casina Della Rose. We hopped the bus and spoke to Francesco who was wonderful! he had to go to SELF also, to get one of his daughter's drawings framed, and gave us a ride to SELF, pointed us in the direction of fans (which were on sale!) and even gave a ride back to our apartment. A wonderful man! It turns out he and his wife and daughter live right up our street. Talk about a small world.

The SELF store was wonderful. I would have liked to look around longer, but didn't want to take up Francesco's time. We even found some different cat food that even Kittie loves. :-)

So now we have fans! We splurged and put both on this afternoon. Also a test to see if we blew any fuses. We both just sat with goofy looks on our faces.

Now that I've finished my antibiotics, tastes are starting to return to normal. Everything doesn't taste like some strange mineral anymore.

Ate at a chines place tonight, very cheap, though next time we will know that you have to order rice, it does not come with the food.

Short blog tonight, I need to see if we can do a day trip to Pompeii inthe next couple of days. A lot of the shops are closing down until the end of the month, so it is a good time to go on some trips. Ciao!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a couple of fan dancers,huh...Love, Mom...

Anonymous said...

You found fans! Yay! Although, for me, today, a fan is really not what I need. The temperature is down to 66 F. I'm angry at the weather. I want summer! I want heat! I want to need a fan! ;)

Barbara said...

Glad you got the fans! Brava! And no, I don't think a day trip to Pomeii is even remotely possible....2+ hours to Rome, then another 2+ hours to Pompeii... and of course you have to consider the connections, so I would figure it would take at LEAST 6 hours to get from Perugia to Pompeii. Maybe you can post this question on the ST message board for more info...